About This Blog

This blog is about my books (of course), but it's also about writing in general and the editing process. I love the puzzle of a novel, and I'm happy to share anything I know about editing and revising. Any questions? Leave them in the comment box or send me an email, and I'll address them as quickly as I can.

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Finally!

It's done! I thought it would never happen, but my book is finally available on Amazon! Now all I need is for everyone in the world to go there and buy it.

That's not too much to ask, is it?

Either way, it feels SO GOOD to have that finished and be able to move on to the next thing. Unfortunatily, the 'next thing' is called Facebook, and I'm trying to make friends with it. I have lots of friends on it, but with it? That's something else entirely. At this point I have to have my sister Laura standing by as my facebook support person, and it's a good thing she's there because I definitely need the support.

And has everyone seen my cover? If not, here it is:

Isn't it fabulous? I can say that because I didn't make it. Olivia did - and it's a good thing. Any and all of my attempts at even coming up with a concept were in serious need of her professional opinion. Anyone who knows me at all, knows that art isn't really my thing. I love looking at it and appreciating it, but creating it? Not such a good idea for yours truly. Now I just hope that everyone else loves it as much as I do (and that it makes every person in the world need to buy it).

I also need to thank all the people on Facebook who have helped spread the word about Laryn Rising. I sold ten copies in the first twelve hours, and for a first book from no one in particular, I'm feeling pretty excited about that! I also have three reviews, which is really a key thing in getting people to notice and buy my book, so thank you to my first three reviewers! And if anyone else out there wants to give me a review, they can feel free to do so at any time...

Well, now it's on to the next things - which would be getting Book Two out the door, and completing my first draft of Book Three. About Book Two, I'm considering the title Finding Shemballah. Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment